Got an email today about a new Android training program starting up in SF for engineers. Best of all, it’s free!
I’m definitely going to check them out and try to sign up.
Update (2013-09-15): If you’re unable to attend the class, they may have a “course observer option where you will have access to all the materials for the class, but you just won’t participate in the live classes, discussion forums, or the group projects.”
I’m a co-founder of CodePath, a startup that runs iOS and Android training programs. We’ve trained hundreds of engineers at Yahoo who are moving from web development to mobile development.
We’re offering the same training program to engineers in the bay area for free. It’s a project-based course, meets twice a week for 6 weeks, and the next class begins on October 2nd (another one starts in January). It’s an intensive program, but we’ve seen great results with it.
We’re currently accepting engineers with a technical degree OR at least two years of object-oriented programming experience. If you’re interested, sign up here:
- Android class, starting October 2
- Android class, starting January 15
- iOS class, starting October 2
- iOS class, starting January 15
Please forward to any engineers or mailing lists that might be appropriate, additional details below.
Additional Program Details
This is an evening bootcamp meaning that all sessions are held after work hours and all of the bootcamp projects can be done after hours and on the weekends. Here’s a summary of what you need to know:
- Free of charge for engineers
- We will select up to 30 applicants for each cohort
- 6-week evening bootcamp starting Oct 2nd
- 2 on-site sessions each week in the evening (instruction and lab, 7-9 pm)
- Sessions held at Zynga SF office at 8th and Brannan
- A mini-app is built each week (5 total projects)
- Group project designed and developed over 6 weeks
Here are the requirements for the course:
- Physically present in San Francisco and available Mon+Wed from 7-9 pm during sessions
- Technical (CS, EECS) Degree and/or 2 years of professional software development experience
- 8-10 additional hours every week to dedicate to projects and collaborative learning
- Existing development experience with object-oriented languages
- Passionate about learning and collaborating on mobile projects
- Laptop with Mac OS X (iOS, Android) or Windows (Android)