Back in 2016, I came across this article: https://thecripplegate.com/14-rules-for-being-a-godly-employee/
Recently, I’ve resolved to start my work week by reviewing the 14 rules:
- Rule #1 – Eagerly start the day’s main work
- Rule #2 – Do not murmur at your busyness or the shortness of time but buy up the time all around.
- Rule #3 – Never murmur when correspondence is brought in.
- Rule #4 – Never exaggerate duties by seeming to suffer under the load, but treat all responsibilities as liberty and gladness.
- Rule #5 – Never call attention to crowded work or trivial experiences.
- Rule #6 – Before confrontation or censure, obtain from God a real love for the one at fault. Know the facts; be generous in your judgment. Otherwise, how ineffective, how unintelligible or perhaps provocative your well-intentioned censure may be.
- Rule #7 – Do not believe everything you hear; do not spread gossip.
- Rule #8 – Do not seek praise, gratitude, respect, or regard for past service.
- Rule #9 – Avoid complaining when your advice or opinion is not consulted, or having been consulted, set aside.
- Rule #10 – Never allow yourself to be placed in favorable contrast with anyone.
- Rule #11 – Do not press conversation to your own needs and concerns.
- Rule #12 – Seek no favors, nor sympathies, do not ask for tenderness, but receive what comes.
- Rule #13 – Bear the blame; do not share or transfer it.
- Rule #14 – Give thanks when credit for your own work or idea is given to another.