The YUI Uploader leverages HTML5 (and Flash as fallback) to provide advanced file upload functionality. Specifically, the Uploader allows for:
- Multiple file selection in a single “Open File” dialog.
- File extension filters to facilitate the user’s selection (in case of Flash).
- Progress tracking for file uploads.
- A range of available file metadata: filename, size, date created, date modified, and author.
- A set of events dispatched on various aspects of the file upload process: file selection, upload progress, upload completion, data return, and upload errors.
- Inclusion of additional data in the file upload POST request.